Thursday, August 1, 2019

Another great day with a raven family.

Yesterday was a bright sunny day with a good strong wind. Perfect weather in Moosonee for photographing a raven family.
Family may be a strong word; two adults and four juveniles that pester them for food and spend their time screeching away to no one in particular.
The wind made it easier for the ravens to hang in the air, to fly slowly enough for even me to be able to capture them in pictures.
The juvenile ravens will not be around for long. Past experience has shown that they disappear pretty fast. I am sure that their life expectancy is not great; some of them get hit by vehicles before they understand about roads. The parents drive the others off to find their own space. But it is a treat to have them around for a while.
As usual I posted my pictures on my smugmug website:  Pictures of Ravens



No comments:

Post a Comment